Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Still knitting...even with no power

After a windy storm - loss of power for over 13 hours and a 2-hour late start for school - I am still able to knit.  I have a great camping lantern that can light up a room so knitting wasn't too strenuous on the eyes.  Funny thing is I just taught my neighbor  (like 2 days ago...) how to knit and she was knitting by flashlight (teenage boy trying to hold still with the flashlight so she can finish her row!), while another crazy knitting friend is knitting by candlelight!  Now that's tough on the eyes.

So - this is what I was working on.  Yea, yea, it looks fabulous, I know (it's a Nicky Epstein design and she's fabulous) - but there is a mistake in the center cable that must have happened during the excitement of the power outage.  Good news is that I did a quick duplicate stitch over the mistake (had a cable going the wrong direction) and only I can tell where it was.  I just hate ripping back such tedious cables in fear of not being able to get back on track.  Besides, I now have a story and memory about the sweater that would be lost if I ripped back.  Some things are better left as is - makes for a great conversation piece!

No comments:

Search This Blog


About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of 2 girl's, 12 and 15, a wife of 21 years and an obsessed knitter. I'm an avid gardener and cook.