Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Sandra Singh exclusive design



I finally have a few pictures that I can share of my Sandra Singh (http://www.sandrasingh.com/) design using her own yarn--which by the way has a buttery-Malabrigo feel to it.  The test knitting will be done in Malabrigo #37 Lettuce (I love my greens!).


Sandra asked me to design a hoodie/scarf using her yarn.  I started designing and swatching in December - which is never a good time to begin a project.  I struggled with all of my stitch patterns because it became too busy against her variegated yarn.  So I ripped it out and started fresh. This new design has 3 cables that frame the face.  I started with a provisional cast on in the intent to finish the top of the hat using a kitchener graft or 3-needle bind off-depending on the knitters skill set.  This top down hoodie will finish with a continuous cable for the scarf and a fat button placed on the side of the scarf.  I just hit my local yarn shop (http://www.agoodyarnshop.com/) and found the perfect button.  I'll cast on stitches to each end of the hat to create the scarf, add a button hole and voila, I should have hoodie scarf in time for this long winter we are having. 


I still have plenty of yarn left (I started with 2 skeins) - so I'll also create an all cabled matching cowl so that there is no left over yarn.  2 projects, 1 pattern and 2 skeins of yarn - gotta love a good deal.  And....the yarn is very well priced (click on link to purchase)
https://id306.securedata.net/sandrasingh.com/merchantmanager/product_info.php?cPath=627&products_id=3005



Sandra Singh yarn details: 
1 Ply Merino Worsted, 100% Merino Wool, 215 yds, colorway China Sea

Don't you love the buttons!  This is the year of the buttons!!

2 comments:

Sandra Singh said...

I can't wait to see this pattern all written up! Its an adorable design, thank you for showcasing my yarn so exquisitely and for such a nice write up.

Knitting Nerds said...

Very cute... I love it!!

Search This Blog


About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of 2 girl's, 12 and 15, a wife of 21 years and an obsessed knitter. I'm an avid gardener and cook.