Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Designing for Simply Shetland



Simply Shetland Lambswool Cashmere (color Aphrodite #002)

After months of swatching and sketching, I've finally come up with a Spring Cardigan that I am so excited about. This will be my 3rd design for Simply Shetland. The original design used the feather and fan stitch pattern. I swatched it, blocked it, and submitted it to Simply Shetland for approval. By the time I had received approval on this design concept, I had just received my Creative Knitting magazine - which had about 4 designs all using the feather and fan stitch pattern! Then, all of a sudden - every where I turned, I saw feather and fan scarves, shells, dresses...you name it. So - needless to say, I no longer liked my design idea and it was back to the drawing board. My new design is gorgeous! Everything has remained the same in terms of the concept and style - but I am so much happier with the new lace pattern. It'll definitely be for intermediates - as the lace will take more concentration and serious blocking - but it'll be so worth it. The hard part is behind me, now for the fun part - casting on!

2 comments:

Knitting Nerds said...

You go girl... two posts within 2 days... yahhh! Love your new design and can't wait to see it knitted up!

Lisa Ellis said...

Well- you are my driving force! If it wasn't for you and Sue, I wouldn't be blogging for another month! You push me beyond my comfort level - which is a good thing...thanks

Search This Blog


About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of 2 girl's, 12 and 15, a wife of 21 years and an obsessed knitter. I'm an avid gardener and cook.