Monday, May 4, 2009

I've fallen in love...again...


Ask any of my friends and they'll tell you that I gravitate towards the solid earth toned balls of yarn. I'm a bit boring to say the least but I find it exciting to create a design using a blank canvas. Most, if not all of my designs are working in solid colors. I just find that variegated yarns tend to overwelm most designs. It's like a fight to see who stands out more - the color palette or the stitch pattern.
Well - I've fallen in love with this hand dyed - homespun hank of sock yarn. It was sent to me by http://www.crownmountainfarms.com/. Crown Mountain Farms is having a booth at http://www.knitandcrochetshow.com/ in Portland, OR
(May 15 - 17) and will be carrying my full line of patterns. He asked that I knit up a sock sample for him to help show the sock yarn. The one pictured is called "She's like a rainbow" - and it is just gorgeous. I absolutely love this yarn! I must make a sweater out of it - of course, this will take some time! If you happen to be in the Portland area next weekend- stop by the booth and take a look at these hand dyed yarns - they're utterly scrumptious!




3 comments:

Knitting Nerds said...

Ohhhhh... that looks very pretty. Can't wait to see and feel it!
Sherri

Lisa Ellis said...

Wait till you see it in person!
See you tomorrow - hopefully...

Knitting Nerds said...

Wow... that yarn is yummy. Can't wait to get my hands on some. Thanks for showing me. I love it and I love your pattern too!
Sherri

Search This Blog


About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of 2 girl's, 12 and 15, a wife of 21 years and an obsessed knitter. I'm an avid gardener and cook.