Thursday, May 28, 2009

Hat unveiling...


I take weeks - even months to create a pattern with variegated yarns. I love variegated yarns but they're so exquisitely beautiful that they really need no fancy stitch pattern what so ever. So, when I am asked to design with these hand-dyed yarns, I usually drag my feet. So once again, http://www.crownmountainfarms.com/ asked me to create a hat based on his hand-spun hand dyed Sock Hop yarn (color Atlantis). Well, after numerous swatches and unsatisfying results, I found a subtle cable that I incorporated with a simple rib stitch. The ribbing gives the hat a nice elasticity while the cable keeps boredom at bay. I thought that the cable would also make the hat more handsome and more gender generic. So - voila, here it is. The pattern is really slated for Fall 2009 so the only place the hat pattern will be available until then is through Crown Mountain Farms. Klaus of Crown Mountain will have it at his booth at the Northwest Regional Spinners Conference in Tacoma, Wa June 4th - 7th (see attached link for location and times).
http://www.nwregionalspinners.org/. His next event will be at The Black Sheep Gathering in Eugene, Oregon June 19th - 21st. http://www.blacksheepgathering.org/. Stop by and say hi and tell him I sent you!

1 comment:

Knitting Nerds said...

LOVE the hat and LOVE the yarn. He is very lucky to have you designing for him.

Search This Blog


About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of 2 girl's, 12 and 15, a wife of 21 years and an obsessed knitter. I'm an avid gardener and cook.