Thursday, January 28, 2010

Knitting with Frog Tree yarn


Finally, a moment to sit down and swatch some Frog Tree Picoboo yarn.  It's a pima cotton amd bamboo blend.  The Picoboo yarn has some sheen to it which I am drawn to and comes in these rich hues that are undescribable.  I've sketched a spring shell and I've swatched it.  I'm swaying back and forth as to which colorwork I want to incorporate into the shell.  This design will premier at TNNA, Columbus.  If you haven't heard of Frog Tree yarns, go to the link below.  It's a non-profit organization that supports the Bolivian women who hand knit the sample sweaters seen in yarn shops and dye the yarns.  It's a fabulous foundation and one that I will be donating 10% of my pattern proceeds to.

http://www.frogtreeyarns.com/AboutUs/tabid/57/Default.aspx

1 comment:

Knitting Nerds said...

As always, I can't wait to see what you have come up with. The yarn is beautiful and what a great charity. I think I need to hire you or Cal to take my pictures for me. Your pictures are also so nice.

Search This Blog


About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of 2 girl's, 12 and 15, a wife of 21 years and an obsessed knitter. I'm an avid gardener and cook.