Thursday, April 22, 2010

Teaser number 2

This is actually going to be a summer shell.  I began knitting this 3-color trim intending on using it for the bottom of the shell.  My initial idea was the have the 3-color trim be on the bottom of the shell and again on the rib cage area then changing colors for the bodice.  The trim was to separate the color changes.  Once I tried it on though, I was worried that since the trim pulls in a tad and doesn't have the elasticity, then the waistline/belly area would pouf out.  Not a good look. I already have issues in that area.  So - the best thing to do in this situation is to set it aside and work on another design.  A few weeks later, I picked it up again and decided to work the trim from both sides.  I knit down from the trim to the hips, finishing off the bottom with a fun fun ruffle then I picked up sts from the CO edge of the trim and am working up the bodice.  Ironically, the stitches I needed to pick up on the CO edge just happened to be a contrasting color which made for a super simple and perfect pick up.  I'm just now trying to decide which neckline to go with.  I am loving the new re-design and I am loving the colors.  

Frog Tree yarn was used in this project.  It's the Picoboo yarn which is a blend of cotton and bamboo.  http://www.frogtreeyarns.com/.   

3 comments:

Lisa Ellis said...

I sure wish I could read your comments!

Knitting Nerds said...

Since I actually got a full sneak peek, I have one word for you... GORGEOUS!

Lisa Ellis said...

thank you test knitter! I have YOUR yarn coming for the baby version....

Search This Blog


About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of 2 girl's, 12 and 15, a wife of 21 years and an obsessed knitter. I'm an avid gardener and cook.