Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sock club sneak preview

Crown Mountain is just about to ship out their 2nd shipment in the Sock Hop club.  Here's a sneak preview of the pattern that goes along with the hand spun / hand dyed yarn.  This colorway is called Shadow on the Wall and compliments the stitch patterns perfectly.  For more information on the Sock Hop Club, go to http://www.crownmountainfarms.com/
I must have swatched a good 10 ideas/sketches before coming up with this one.  Many of my thoughts just didn't work well with either the sock itself (too restricting, too difficult, doesn't stand out against the yarn).  I also have to take into account that this is a general sock club with 50 knitters - from every knitting level and from every age group and region so it's really hard to come up with something that you think will appease everyone.  I hope I was able to achieve that.  The pattern is an easy repetitive pattern and the cables are only worked every 24 rounds.  I have my trustworthy test knitter, Sherri Hazen, knitting the sock up in Cascade "Heritage solids" in a beautiful blue (color #5630).  I love to show socks in both a solid and a variegated  yarn as they both look totally different from one another.

No comments:

Search This Blog


About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of 2 girl's, 12 and 15, a wife of 21 years and an obsessed knitter. I'm an avid gardener and cook.