Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A designers deadline list

TNNA is just around the corner.  For those of you who don't know what that is - it's a Needle Arts convention for yarn companies, designers, yarn shop owners, publishers, authors and teachers.  It is the only one I attend and it's where the fall yarns, patterns and gadgets are unveiled.  It's also where I get to be amongst thousands of my closest yarn hoarding, obsessed knitting friends!  It's the only trip I get to take away from husband and kids - and where I can knit until my fingers fall off!  I always take a few classes as it's fun for me to see the different teaching techniques, not to mention all of the new tricks I learn. 

I am so excited about this trip but the work leading up to this trip is so involved.  Here's a short list of what I need to accomplish prior to jumping on the plane...in exactly 16 days.....
1) finalize seamless short sweater pattern
2) tech edit seamless short sweater pattern
3) finalize lil summer dress pattern
4) tech edit lil summer dress pattern
5) photograph lil summer dress pattern
6) send lil summer dress pattern to printers
7) bring 100 copies of dress pattern to TNNA for pattern signing
8) finish up cowl neckline of lovin summer shell
9) finalize lovin summer shell pattern
10) tech edit summer shell pattern
11) photograph summer shell pattern
12) send off mass email to retailers - announcing my pattern signing at TNNA
13) swatch up hat for Zealana
14) knit up hat for Zealana
15) do homework for TNNA classes
16) finalize Fiesta yarns project (not for TNNA but due at the same time)
17) create an instructional YouTube video on the trim piece of the lil summer dress

Let me also mention that I just did 3 photoshoots using "moi" as the model in an effort to meet a deadline for an Ad due out this August.  I missed the deadline by a day - but I think they'll still take it.  I had issues with wanting to send a headless sweater to the graphic artist, who in turn told me to get over it and just keep my head in the picture.  She finds headless sweaters rather disturbing which cracked me up and I now have to re-think my philosophy of beheading all of my models.  I learn something everyday and when I'm not learning, I am forced to re-think my path. 

Yes - in addition to this long overwelming list, I still have to feed the family, care for the home (a tad), volunteer at both schools and sleep if possible.

More photos are in the works....

2 comments:

Knitting Nerds said...

You are "SUPERWOMAN"...and a true inspiration!

DagnyDepa芝汝 said...

人間好話,要如海綿遇水牢牢吸住..................................................

Search This Blog


About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of 2 girl's, 12 and 15, a wife of 21 years and an obsessed knitter. I'm an avid gardener and cook.