Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My thinking perch






Some of my most creative moments come from walking or running across the Tacoma Narrows Bridge.  Aside from the whizzing cars, the view is breathless!  When I run towards Tacoma, you can see our majestic Mt. Rainier (you can see it to the left - that white mound is Mt. Rainier).  When you look to the right, you can see Puget Sound.  If you look straight down, you are almost guaranteed to see a Harbor Seal and when I run back towards Gig Harbor, I can catch a glimpse of another mountain range.  The bridge span is 1 mile each way and when I'm feeling energized, I'll add an on-ramp to my run.  There is something about the serenity of the view that helps me organize my thoughts and re-design my sketches.  It's also the last place in Gig Harbor that has sun.  We have so many trees around that many of my other runs become shaded quickly.  So if I am in need of some vitamin D and it's getting late, I head for the bridge.

No comments:

Search This Blog


About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of 2 girl's, 12 and 15, a wife of 21 years and an obsessed knitter. I'm an avid gardener and cook.