Saturday, June 30, 2012

Great classes, great time at TNNA

My trip began 3 days before the actual TNNA convention giving me plenty of time to adjust to East Coast time and to take a couple all day classes.The first class was Swing knitting which was a great class although a tad too long for my attention span.  Brigitte taught the class and Skacel supplied the 2 yarns and needles--I love goodie bags!



The pieces were gorgeous and the technique was simple yet fun.  Basically, it's a bunch of short rows created in a mathematical way.


The other fun thing about this class was that everything is done in the garter stitch.

Unfortuneately, I didn't get any pictures taken of my FAVORITE class - 2 color knitting Portuguese style!  Andrea Wong was the instructor and I loved loved loved this class!  It's just a shame that I never took any pictures.


One of my favorite booths at Market was Artyarns.  The entire booth was hanks of hand dyed Silks, Mohairs, Cashmeres and some Merino wool in both beaded, sequined or plain.  It was dazzling to the eyes and the pictures just don't do it justice.


I am not sure how the shop owners ever decide on which colors without going in debt~


Iris Schreier is the owner of Artyarns and author to several knitting books and her eye for color and style is impeccable.


I was fortuneate enough to have the opportunity to design with her Merino wool in one of her upcoming books - due out this October.  I am anxious to see the finished book and show off my design - which I love!


 

No comments:

Search This Blog


About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of 2 girl's, 12 and 15, a wife of 21 years and an obsessed knitter. I'm an avid gardener and cook.