Monday, August 12, 2013

This is what makes me smile....

As a designer, I rarely hear where my design ideas go, who gets them, who likes them, who even finishes them and who gets touched by them.  Well, I just received a heart warming email today that pretty much summed up what I was hoping for.  This is what makes me smile.....

Quote:

I just wanted to share a great story with you.  A friend of my daughter recently had a health crisis & like so many people nowadays he has no health insurance.  It was decided to have a fund raising auction for him.  A lot of different gift baskets & other creative things were put in a silent auction.  My daughter asked me if I could make something for the auction.  Since she is not a crafter, she does not realize that a week is not much time to come up with something spectacular (they think that these things are done in days not weeks or months). I remembered your Child's Ruffled Hat pattern.  I was able to get it done in time but rather than the silent auction it was decided to have a raffle. They sold 50 tickets at $10 each so that little hat raised $500 for a good cause.   That hat pattern is one of my favorites & now I know why.      Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful ideas.      PS  I bought that pattern from the Allyn Yarn Shop.

End Quote.

 

What a lovely lady for not only her kind words but for the time and commitment she made to the auction and to a person in a time of need. 


                               http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/ruffled-childs-hat--mittens

No comments:

Search This Blog


About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of 2 girl's, 12 and 15, a wife of 21 years and an obsessed knitter. I'm an avid gardener and cook.