Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Bulky Winter Outer Vest


Looks like Christmas may have to wait.
1) Father-In-Law in the hospital
2) All family members stuck in 2 feet of snow
3) Santa gift is missing in action - even though we paid for overnight express (yes, snow is blamed for this one and UPS can't even confirm at which warehouse the gift might be at!)
4) Husband out searching for another Santa gift as I write this..
5) When I mentioned that Santa's Sleigh may not be able to stop due to the ice (no breaks on the sleigh) - Middle school aged daughter says that "this is sounding suspicious!" - oh dear, is my game up?!
So ...with nothing better to do, I upload this pattern and photo on Ravelry. It's still in test mode but all 3 test knitters have finished the vest so I thought it was safe to post. Well - 76 favorites later and half a dozen emails requesting to purchase this pattern and/or test knit it too...I am finalizing the pattern instead of baking. Afterall - who am I baking for? Santa might be late, Auntie Joan is scared to drive, Uncle Scotty says he's coming and my girls don't like anything I cook. So I think I am just going to knit the holiday away!
I wish you and your family a safe and glorious Christmas - may you find time to drink, be merry and still keep in pattern!
My warmest wishes to you and your family,
Lisa

1 comment:

Jacqueline Korteland Boller said...

Ok...just bought my Rowan Biggy yarn for this...can't wait...no pressure or anything...this is so cute!!

Search This Blog


About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of 2 girl's, 12 and 15, a wife of 21 years and an obsessed knitter. I'm an avid gardener and cook.