Thursday, February 12, 2009

Madrona Fiber Arts

This is the first year that I haven't taken some classes at Madrona Fiber Arts. I was, however, able to go to the open Market. Ran into some shop owners...saw a few friends...petted a few yarns. There is such a nice buzz to this event. It's just amazing at the knitting instructors that this "small" event captures. I saw Stephanie McPhee (taking a spinning class), Lucy Neatby's flaming bright hair and outfit whiz by and Nancy Bush was heading up for lunch (I've taken her Baltic Bobbles and Cables class - fantastic by the way). I saw names outside each classroom...Sally Melville, Jean Wong, Vivian Hexbro to name a few. It's one of those events that shouldn't be missed. Literally, the entire hotel is buzzing with knitters. They knit in the bar, they knit while waiting for lunch and they knit the night away in the hotel lobby. I'm headed back tomorrow - hopefully to buy some yarn (today was just scoping out the joint!)- and to meet up with a new knitting friend "Elizbo".

No comments:

Search This Blog


About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of 2 girl's, 12 and 15, a wife of 21 years and an obsessed knitter. I'm an avid gardener and cook.