Thursday, March 26, 2009

It's been a good day!




This has been a great day for me. It all started out with bringing in some yellow Forsythia to freshen up my bathroom and a bouquet of rosemary to liven up the kitchen. My week always goes well when I bring in fresh cuts out of my garden. I cut back the Hydrangea plants - all 7 of them (they are 6 feet tall!), began raking leaves, cutting back peppermint stalks and chives and even managed to plant some more sugar peas and spinach. Then I cut back my roses (never sure if I'm doing it right) and fertilized the roses with Epsom salts - a trick I learned while watching Martha Stewart. I also fertilized the raspberry and blueberry plants as well as the rhodies and azaleas. This year - I swear - I'll keep up with the garden.

On top of having a great day in the garden, I test knit an upcoming pattern (until my fingers hurt!), made homemade cinnamon rolls for my girls and an elderly neighbor, got my haircut and even folded 2 loads of laundry. If only everyday could go this smoothly!
Life is short....find what really makes you happy and make it a part of each day -

2 comments:

Knitting Nerds said...

You go girl... wish my days could be so productive. Not sure where you get the energy. Your amazing!

Lisa Ellis said...

Well- today I'm sick so have got nothing done! I had a terrible sleep and took some thera flu today - so I've been napping. Gotta get to my eye appt though...

Search This Blog


About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of 2 girl's, 12 and 15, a wife of 21 years and an obsessed knitter. I'm an avid gardener and cook.