Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Organizing my workspace

My yarn, books, patterns, needles and samples have been growing out of my walk-in craft closet for quite some time. In fact, it's truly a work hazard to try and find yarn. My husband on the other hand has a "master bedroom" sized office which houses his piles of papers and not much more. So after years of begging him for a corner of his space, he has agreed. If he keeps his promise, I move in sometime this weekend - which would allow me to use my old walk-in closet as a true craft room that my girls could actually use.

About a month ago, my girlfriend - Sherri, bought me a glass
head form - which I love. Well - this prompted me to think about how I would set up my newly inherited craft space. I have a ton of knitted samples that I loan out to yarn shops to promote my patterns and their yarn. All samples are currently in unrecognizable bins. So I went on Ebay and found a few heads. What I found out is I like to bid on things (not so good). So heads just came, feet are coming and I am still searching for the right dress form. I am thinking of putting up shelves and lining them with these heads and feet. I want it to look like a studio - so to speak.

I wonder if I should get some hands too....

2 comments:

Knitting Nerds said...

Your space is going to look great. I'll have to take a look... maybe it will inspire me to organize my room too. Can't wait to see it!
Sherri

Lisa Ellis said...

This may take longer than a weekend! But...I have visions!

Search This Blog


About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of 2 girl's, 12 and 15, a wife of 21 years and an obsessed knitter. I'm an avid gardener and cook.