Monday, March 30, 2009

What a miserable day!







Well, after having a productive day the other day - I come down with a nasty head cold that has left me very unproductive! It's just a head cold, but I was stuffed up enough to have a miserable sleep. I feel sluggish and have no energy...hate when that happens. The only good thing to come of this is that I was able to finish my Magic Loop Cable socks for class at http://www.agoodyarnshop.com/. I used Crystal Palace Panda Silk - http://www.straw.com which is so nice to work with and makes for a nice spring/summer sock. I am doing a second and smaller sock using the Panda Silk - print. Love the yarn...but then again, what's not to love when silk is involved! I have only knit with silk twice (the other time was for a bridal purse using Berger Du Nord "100% silk) and both projects I couldn't put down. Silk isn't as expensive as you would think - the bridal purse only took 1 skein of yarn ($10 retail). I think silk and spring go hand in hand - now if only spring would come! Gotta go, I feel my nose dripping...

4 comments:

Crystal Palace Yarns said...

Hi Lisa,

Lovely socks!
Have meant to email you - have 4 new colors of Taos due in June & could send you a 50 gr quantity from our first sample if you want to play - go to the Taos page on our web site and you'll see the 4 new colors!

I hope your cold is better!

Susan at CPY

Laura said...

Hi Lisa,
may i post your sock picture on our CPYblog?
thanks
:L, DrLaura CPY SockGuru

Knitting Nerds said...

I love that sock pattern Lisa... must get the pattern. Can't wait to see what you come up with next!
Sherri

Lisa Ellis said...

Hi Susan - yes, I would love to play with one of the new fall Taos colors! I'm not picky...I haven't met a Taos ball of yarn that I haven't liked!

I love that Pearl Blue Panda Silk - it's such a rich color..I'm loving the print just as much.

Hi Drlaura! Yes - by all means, you may post the sock picture. Do you need me to send you a higher pixel/image to work with?

Hi Sherri - I'll get you a copy of the pattern. You have test knit for me so many times, it's the least that I can do for you! BTW, thanks for the great Tennis game...my buns are sore.

Search This Blog


About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of 2 girl's, 12 and 15, a wife of 21 years and an obsessed knitter. I'm an avid gardener and cook.