Friday, August 28, 2009

Tui'ing away....


Look what showed up on my door - a whole bunch of Tui yarn! Zealana yarns (www.theyarnsisters.com) has come out with this chunky weight yarn and you won't believe the blend they came up with. 70% Merino, 15% Cashmere and 15% Possum. I grabbed some 10's and began knitting with the charcoal black (color T050). I'm designing a broken rib men's vest. It's absolutely wonderful to knit with and despite the simple 8 row repeat, I can't seem to put it down. As for the Azul Blue (color T06), I have some ideas but haven't begun sketching yet. I'm thinking women's cardigan. I think I'm becoming a yarn snob. The last few sweaters that I've knit with had cashmere in them and once you knit with cashmere or any divine fiber for that matter, it's really hard to knit with anything of lesser quality. Gotta go, Tui is calling for me....

1 comment:

Knitting Nerds said...

Ohhh... love it... can't wait to see it. Can't we knit next week? I can't wait until the 9th :)

Search This Blog


About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of 2 girl's, 12 and 15, a wife of 21 years and an obsessed knitter. I'm an avid gardener and cook.