Thursday, September 3, 2009

Tight deadline to meet

I've had a great summer, the kids just went back to school yesterday and I made yesterday a day all about me. I started by knitting (of course) then I managed to get a run in across the Tacoma Narrows Bridge (2 miles). It was a beautiful day and I saw a seal in the water and 2 deer on the Tacoma side eating blackberries. Then off to Puyallup to buy a few boxes of pears and tomatoes. Ran home, got 1 daughter off to the hair dresser, threw the tomatoes in the oven (roasted tomato soup to be frozen), prepped dinner for my dad who is visiting from Korea and even took him on a walk across the bridge to see 3 more seals. It was a great day. When I got home, I had 3 packages. I have never received 3 packages on the same day before. 1 was a box full of promotion books from Leisure Arts, 1 was my samples from Crystal Palace that I loaned out for TNNA plus half a dozen balls of mini mochi (yippee!) and a big box of Cascade 220 Superwash. Now I need to hunker down...the Cascade 220 superwash is for a contract that I just received last week. The contract has a deadline of mid-September - one of the shortest deadlines I have had thus far. Luckily, I am headed to Lincoln City tomorrow (4 hour drive) with my family for a mini vacation at the ocean. I can get a ton of knitting done on this trip. So - I won't be blogging until I get this project done. Lucky for me, my webdesign class doesn't start until Sept. 22nd and my first knitting class isn't until the 11th - so I'm fairly open to knit full time. As soon as I can spill the beans on this published project, I will.

No comments:

Search This Blog


About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of 2 girl's, 12 and 15, a wife of 21 years and an obsessed knitter. I'm an avid gardener and cook.