Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Knowledge is liberating

I have been paying someone to create and maintain my website. Initially, it was worth the expense. I didn't have the time to figure it out on my own nor was I ready to invest in the costly software. Two years later, a couple thousand dollars poorer and a website nearly unchanged, I have decided it was time to take control of the situation. I have been co-dependent on my web designer and everytime that I wanted to make a change whether it be an update photo, a new design or add a new retailer...I would count the dollars it was going to cost me. It got to be where I was content with mediocre work. That is wrong! Once the summer was upon me, business slowed down to a near halt and my dollars became quarters, I decided that this was my chance to break the co-dependency and go back to school. I haven't been to college since 1986 (yikes - that sounds ancient) and I haven't worked at Microsoft since 1990 (yikes, do you realize how much computer technology has changed in the past 20 years!?) so the whole thought of going back to school and trying to keep up with the computer geeks of today almost was too much for my jittery heart. Well...I did it and might I add that I was so excited to walk into a classroom after all that time, I could hardly contain myself. I'm on my 2nd week of class and all I can say is Knowledge is Liberating! We can all look forward to a progressive website that I can be proud of.

1 comment:

Knitting Nerds said...

Way to go! I'm really happy for you and glad to hear how much you are enjoying it. I sure wish I would have joined you. I may have to pay you for lessons :)

Good job!

Search This Blog


About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of 2 girl's, 12 and 15, a wife of 21 years and an obsessed knitter. I'm an avid gardener and cook.