Friday, September 11, 2009

Madison Avenue Tam Photoshoot


While on our trip to Lincoln City, OR - I had my husband shoot some pictures of my daughter in the Madison Tam using Cascade Nikki. According to her, she wasn't a hat person nor did she like the colorways...but she agreed to have her picture taken none the less. By the next day, I couldn't get the damn tam off her head. She wore it day in and day out. Which gave me an idea....it took 110 yds (1 skein) to make this tam (in adult size with extra flop no less) and literally a couple evenings. What a perfect gift this christmas for my dozen plus nieces and great nieces. Use variegated, solids, tweeds and mohair blended yarns to change out the look so it doesn't look like I made 15 of the same hat. I can also personalize it more that way. In fact, I bet I have enough left over yarns from previous projects/sweaters to supply me with enough yarn for the majority of the tams. Oh good grief, I better start knitting or I'll get knitter's cramp!







1 comment:

Knitting Nerds said...

Adorable! Must make this one too :) Looks really cute on her, glad she likes it now.

Search This Blog


About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of 2 girl's, 12 and 15, a wife of 21 years and an obsessed knitter. I'm an avid gardener and cook.