Friday, November 20, 2015

Cowl count down to Christmas

 
In conjunction to this years New Years Resolution, I have decided to finally try and de-stash my hoarding closet full of yarn!  It has taken 10 months to finally start this resolution - although better late than never and I'm actually feeling accomplished!  My mission was to find 1 skein of lonely yarn and match it with the ideal pattern.  This is a project in itself!  However, I think I found the right patterns and I know that I have the right yarn. 
 
So Christmas gift #2 is......
Pattern:  Purl Bee, The Classic Cowl
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/classic-cowl-4
Since I only had 1 skein, I cast on just enough stitches to work in the round on the long needles that I had.  I believe I cast on 168 sts.  This is a Brioche stitch which is slow moving but I love it.  I used every last inch of this Rabbit Angora yarn.  Cost of this cowl, approx. $18.

 Yarn:  Aslan Trends, Invernal
I love this yarn - mainly because Rabbit Angora is scrumptious and a luxury fiber.
It barely double wraps but on a cold blustery day, this turtleneck like cowl will keep you warm!  This gift is for my 15 year old who is into the camouflage green and wears infinity cowls well.  If she doesn't like it, I get it!

Christmas Gift #3
Super easy 4 round repeat
 Yarn:  Cotton Fleece by Brown Sheep Yarns
I used this yarn because this gift is for my 1st born who seems to have skin sensitivity to just about everything itchy!  This cotton fleece is soft, squishy and has no itch. 
Feeling accomplished!
Once again, I only had 1.5 skeins of this yarn.  I cast on the 240 sts as the pattern states and I just knit until I ran out of yarn.  It is approx. 6.5" wide where as the pattern calls for 10" wide.  I don't think the extra width matters.  What matters is that I de-stashed again!  Woohoo! 

Heading back into the yarn closet to find some more loner skeins......

No comments:

Search This Blog


About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of 2 girl's, 12 and 15, a wife of 21 years and an obsessed knitter. I'm an avid gardener and cook.