Friday, September 3, 2010

Shop Sample - jogless striped hat


Nothing like test knitting for myself!  Although, sometimes I prefer it as I can find my mistakes first before someone else does!  Actually - I am waiting for some yarn and I'm in between deadlines so I had some time.  I love what I call, my dead zone.  I can just knit without thinking.  This is where knitting therapy happens. 

This hat was knit out of Alpaca with a Twist - Baby Twist, DK weight yarn and it's just luscious to work with.  I'll be teaching this class at the Northwest Needle Market show in Tukwila, September 25 and at Yorkshire Yarns (http://www.yorkshireyarns.com/) late October.  This hat will actually reside permanently at Yorkshire Yarns along with the Alpaca with a Twist yarn for those of you that live in the Tacoma area. 

 It's just a fun and unique technique to striping in the round without the "jogs" or ladders.
I'm off to make the 2 striped hat now as I have plenty of yarn left over - gotta love 2 hats with 3 skeins!

No comments:

Search This Blog


About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of 2 girl's, 12 and 15, a wife of 21 years and an obsessed knitter. I'm an avid gardener and cook.