Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A few upcoming designs....

It's been awhile since I've posted an upcoming design.  I just finished a couple designs that will be coming out in a fall magazine and book that pretty much ate my January and part of my February.  My first design that I'm really excited about is the "starlight" hat - although the name may change.  It's a combination of colored cables and Fair Isle using Frog Tree Pediboo (www.frogtreeyarns.com) - which is a 3-ply sock weight yarn.  I need to change out the trim though.  I wanted to go straight into the cables but it's curling up too much so I am going to pull it out and add a hemmed trim - which is one of my favorites when it comes to a finished look.  I'm hoping to have this pattern released by April (still needs test knitting and tech editing).
This cabled cowl neck is 1 of 4 designs which will be a Sandra Singh exclusive (http://www.sandrasingh.com/).  I had posted earlier the hooded scarf in the Sandra Singh yarn.  This design will be on the same pattern along with another one which is being test knit at the moment.  The yarn used here is Malabrigo worsted weight in color Lettuce and I love love love the feel and look of this yarn!  This pattern is due out by March 1st (fingers crossed).  It will contain 4 designs, 2 cowls - 1 buttoned and in the flat, 1 in the round with no buttons and a top down hooded scarf and a bottom up hooded scarf.  4 designs with 4 looks - all very similiar though.

This design has been a long time in the making.  Using Brown Sheep Burley Spun, I've modified my Super Bulky Winter Vest, added some cool leather toggles/clasps to it and thrummed the collar.  Thrilled with the outcome - but still need to test knit, tech edit and actually write up the pattern!  I also want to add a ribbing to the front bands.    The one that will be test knit is a beautiful bright blue with black frog fasteners and black roving for the collar. 
Lastly, the Corn Maize sock - which is a play on names and a play on ribbing.  This simple design, using just knits and purls creates a very snug yet elastic fit.  The design looks like a corn maze to me - hence the name.  This sock is knit out of Sock hop yarn which is hand spun and hand dyed - and delicious to work with (http://www.crownmountainfarms.com/).  The test knit sock will be tested in Crystal Palace's Panda Superwash.  This design is perfect for variegated sock yarn.

2 comments:

Knitting Nerds said...

Oh... I'm so excited for your new designs!! They all look great!!

Sandra Singh said...

Lisa you've been very busy! It all looks great, especially my cowl ;) I can't wait to see the final pattern. Thank you!

Search This Blog


About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of 2 girl's, 12 and 15, a wife of 21 years and an obsessed knitter. I'm an avid gardener and cook.