Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Janel Laidman class at Madrona Fiber Arts

Just took "Paint Your Toes" at Madrona Fiber Arts (http://www.madronafiberarts.com/) with Janel Laidman.
Her socks are breathtakingly exquisite!  As usual, I always find something new to learn. 



Have you every seen anything like this before?  These socks should be showcased in an art gallery - not hidden under pants and stuck in shoes!

Her design element is just striking.

According to Janel, these are the knitters favorite sock to knit.  Unbelievably gorgeous!

If you have learned everything there is to know in the knitting world...you at least need to take a class for pure inspiration~it makes you re-think the everyday sock design.

I have 2 more classes with Janel tomorrow - so I'll update you with the rest tomorrow.  Oh - as for my mini xmas sock that we knit in class, I'll post that as soon as I get it done.

No comments:

Search This Blog


About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of 2 girl's, 12 and 15, a wife of 21 years and an obsessed knitter. I'm an avid gardener and cook.