Monday, June 15, 2009

I'm back from TNNA

Great trip - what can I say? Started with a perfect flight, excellent classes with Cat Bordhi and Sally Melville, re-connected with long distant partners and friends, networked with new partners and future friends, ate excellent food - and had hours and hours of undisturbed knitting!
The trip ended with a perfect return flight and hours and hours of air-time knitting...I'm a little tired though as I got in at 1 am my time or 4 am Columbus time and had to get the kids off to school - no adjustment period for me!

My official badge. I actually had an exhibitor badge for Crystal Palace yarns too since I was dropping off some samples for their booth.
It was fun going behind the scenes while the shops were setting up - what a huge job! All of the furniture, bookshelves and yarns must be shipped in. I can't imagine the cost and labor behind this event.





The city of Columbus - or what I saw of it, is quaint. It's just charming. Cat insisted that everyone try the famous Jeni's ice cream so I had the fully loaded salty caramel -macaroon ice cream cookie rolled in smoked almonds. It was heavenly - and you'll be seeing it on my back thighs if I ever wear short shorts again. The best part of all was that my kids deeply missed me and made me this welcome home banner that was taped over my bedroom door. They wanted to buy me a mylar balloon and flowers - but my husband didn't want to look too over-excited---that's okay, I love my banner. Besides, I know he missed me because I couldn't get him off the phone when I called...that's a tale tale sign of being lonely.
Unfortunately, no pictures could be taken in the exhibit hall - but all of the vendors did a wonderful job displaying their gorgeous yarns. I was so busy meeting up with people and thanking vendors who have supplied me with yarn and opportunity that I really didn't have much down time to just wander around aimlessly. There is so much to see and do that I am sure I missed more than I realized. I left Columbus with a 4-page "To Do" list for when I get back into town. This is surely becoming a full time job for me - and I'm smiling along the way....

1 comment:

Knitting Nerds said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. We are glad you are back though! What a great sign the kids made for you. Can't wait to hear the stories on Wednesday. See you then...
Sherri

Search This Blog


About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of 2 girl's, 12 and 15, a wife of 21 years and an obsessed knitter. I'm an avid gardener and cook.