Monday, June 29, 2009

Gone Test Knitting...be back soon


I finally finished writing up this Preppy Boy's Tweed Vest. I've made 2 of them already but have 5 people test knitting the various sizes. It's a simple pattern using Naturally "Buttons" yarn but the back is done in stockinette stitch while the front is worked in cables - thus different stitch gauges. So I have the front and back being worked on different numbers with a faux seam dividing them. It works out great - as long as I don't throw off my test knitters. I even charted it and added schematics. My schematics and charts aren't exactly professional (still using good ole Excel sheets!) but I'll have to conquer Illustrator this fall when I have time to learn it. I also need my husband to professionally photograph it - as the cables and color aren't great. Due out this August.....

No comments:

Search This Blog


About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of 2 girl's, 12 and 15, a wife of 21 years and an obsessed knitter. I'm an avid gardener and cook.