Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sneek Preview into Fall Hat


I've finished my Mini-Mochi Subtley Cabled hat (Autumn color #107) just in time for TNNA next week. The hat will be on display at the Crystal Palace Yarn Booth #413, 415, 512- so stop on by and see how gorgeous Mini Mochi knits up! The child size model uses 1 skein of Mini Mochi (awsome price point) while the adult size will take barely 2 skeins. I have my girlfriend Sherri test knitting the adult size as I write. This yarn is definitely on my list of favorites. The down side to this yarn is it is fingering weight which takes alot longer to knit up and is more tedious. The upside to this is I'm thinking of publishing the pattern in both Mini Mochi and Mochi Plus weights so you can pick and choose the yarn weight you prefer while still having the same gorgeous outcome. Mochi Plus is due out any day now...so I'll have to hunt it down next. Ooooo- it should be at TNNA...better make room in my luggage for extra castaways.

4 comments:

sunrisewalker said...

I love the yarn! And the cabling goes so nicely with the color changes in the yarn. Very pretty!

Lisa Ellis said...

Thanks! The yarn was nice to work with too.

Unknown said...

Wow, Lisa, that hat is beautiful. What pretty colors. Looking forward to seeing your new designs.

Lisa Ellis said...

Thanks Diana - I'm designing with the Mini-Mochi "rainbow" one next. Equally as stunning.

Search This Blog


About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of 2 girl's, 12 and 15, a wife of 21 years and an obsessed knitter. I'm an avid gardener and cook.