Monday, July 13, 2009

Hill's Resort


Summer begins for me at Hill's Resort (Priest Lake, Idaho). It's a week of basking in the sun, reading trashy People and US magazines (great week for that....Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson, Kate Plus 8...phew...it almost took me the entire week to get through the magazine articles!), napping, picking huckleberries (I froze enough to bring home to savour this winter), floating in the raft and heading to the bar everynight to play cards with our dear friends. I even got a lot of knitting done - although not nearly as much as I needed to! By the time we got home, my garden was bursting at the seams! I harvested all of my garlic, my remaining pie cherries and loads of raspberries, blueberries, beets with girth and fat shelling peas. I even had an entire colander of baby potatoes which will become this weeks hashbrowns. My boysenberries will be ready within the week and my black currants are perfect for picking now. I think I'll make black currant jam tomorrow. I cooked down the pie cherries and will stuff them into swedish pancakes tomorrow for breakfast. I think I need to harvest my Walla Walla onions tomorrow as well. I even had some sweet cherries off of my 3 year old cherry tree that I thought the birds would get to before me. Life is sweet - especially when surrounded by free food!
As for my knitting....I'll report on that tomorrow. I had some yarn waiting for me on my door step and I have some fall designs that I finished on vacation that need photographing.

No comments:

Search This Blog


About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of 2 girl's, 12 and 15, a wife of 21 years and an obsessed knitter. I'm an avid gardener and cook.