Friday, July 24, 2009

Stitch -n Pitch, Cheney Stadium



What game?? I was so busy chatting, I hardly saw the game. I think I got 1 row done - if that.



The first annual Stitch 'n Pitch at the Tacoma Rainiers game and guess who threw the first pitch???? The
one and only "French Girl Knits" - aka Kristeen Griffin-Grimes. I liked her book and patterns before I met her and now that I've had the chance to chat with her (even split the last gardenburger with her!) - I am truly in awe and inspired by her and her designs. She's really a neat person and if you haven't had a chance to flip through her book "French Girl Knits" - you really otta. http://www.interweavestore.com/store/p/2196-French-Girl-Knits-Innovative-Techniques-Romantic-Details-and-Feminine-Designs.aspx




And who else but Sonya Acord (owner of Yorkshire Yarns in Lakewood) to sing the National Anthem! I was in the field photographing but wasn't sure if I could walk on the diamonds to photograph Sonya - especially during the National Anthem. She did a fabulous job.

It was a blast. I hope they end up making this an annual event.





No comments:

Search This Blog


About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of 2 girl's, 12 and 15, a wife of 21 years and an obsessed knitter. I'm an avid gardener and cook.