Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Twined Mittens in New Fall "Taos" colors







I've been twining away in the new fall Taos colors.


Chili Pepper Red (#27), Kailab (#26) and Wintergreen (#25). Last years Hopi brown (#10 I think) jumped in the picture as well.
So...once again I was attempting to work these mittens using just 1 skein of Taos yarn (128 yds). I seem to have a fettish about 1-skein knits! Well, all of the mittens will use just one skein - except for my large mittens which fit my husband perfectly. I was halfway through my shaping decreases when I realized I am about 15 yds short of yarn. So...I'll be yanking this second mitten out to re-knit it in a smaller size. It's not the end of the world, I just can't call this pattern a 1-skein knit project - even though 3 of the 4 sizes will only use a skein. Well - I guess that 2 skeins of Taos will then make 1 men's sized pair of mittens and a pair of toddler mittens. Not bad for about $17.00 eh?
This pattern will be available this August.




























6 comments:

Knitting Nerds said...

Love the mittens. I need to get into that twining, my slippers are still sitting here waiting to be finished. Love the new colors too. Will have to try your new pattern. I'm into making mittens these days. Great job!

Lisa Ellis said...

I do need a test knitter - you in???

Laura said...

great mittens!

Laura said...

do you want me to pos tyou on the
CPY-blog as "coming attractions" ?
L

Lisa Ellis said...

Hi Laura -
Yes - that would be great to post the mittens on upcoming attractions! Thanks for always thinking of me!

Knitting Nerds said...

I'm always in... you know me!

Search This Blog


About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of 2 girl's, 12 and 15, a wife of 21 years and an obsessed knitter. I'm an avid gardener and cook.