Monday, July 27, 2009

Reviewing, refreshing, enlarging and updating patterns


I made a Unisex Vest out of an unknown Anny Blatt yarn probably about 1999. I ran out of yarn about 2 inches shy of its completion and since my husband purchased it in Switzerland, I was unable to obtain another skein. So - that's where the cropped design came about. Years later, a friend of mine re-knit it and tested the pattern for me, using Cascade Ecological Wool (www.cascadeyarns.com). She was making it for her son - so that's where the idea of offering the pattern in 2 lengths came about. Afterall, what guy would want to wear a cropped vest? Since then, I have taken some great design classes and thought it was time to re-visit my first design patterns to see if they needed updating. Aaaarghhhh...I'm embarrassed by my lack of instructions! So, I have spent the last few weeks, reknitting this same ole vest...adding an extra-small (now in 7 sizes) for those tweeners out there and adding more detail to my instructions. Pattern goes from 32" to 58" bust. I have also contracted out a tech editor to add schematics until I can find the time to learn it myself. The new and improved pattern will be available this August. On to my next review.....

2 comments:

Knitting Nerds said...

This is a pretty pattern... I wonder how I would look in a vest like this? Hmmm... might have to try it out!

Lisa Ellis said...

It would be adorable on you.
Lisa

Search This Blog


About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of 2 girl's, 12 and 15, a wife of 21 years and an obsessed knitter. I'm an avid gardener and cook.